Exciting new opportunity as a Health Coach Volunteer
Are you looking to get more involved with your local community? Will you enjoy helping people better manage their health conditions and wellbeing? If this sounds like you, then we need you!
Voluntary Norfolk is offering you the opportunity, for a few hours a week, to help members of your local community manage their conditions and wellbeing by championing positive health outcomes, utilising goals.
What does this involve?
Key responsibilities may vary depending on the individual/s the volunteer is visiting, but are likely to include:
- Engaging in Health Coaching conversations with patients
- Supporting patients to feel empowered and better manage their long term health conditions
- Supporting an individual to access social/support groups or healthy living services
- Reporting any concerns you have about individual patients to the Health Coaching Coordinator
If you are a good communicator with interpersonal skills, who is non-judgemental, sympathetic by nature and committed to equal opportunities, with the ability to get to patient houses in the East Norfolk area of Thorpe St Andrew, Sprowston and Old Catton, then this role is for you!
Training will be provided in induction sessions provided by Voluntary Norfolk. All applicants to be 18 years and over.
- Find more volunteering opportunities on our Portal.