During the current Covid-19 (Coronavirus) situation we are working closely with Norfolk County Council, the District Councils and the NHS to recruit volunteers to offer support in the community and in healthcare settings for people affected by Covid-19. Over 1500 people have recently registered as Covid-19 volunteers and they are now being placed in roles across Norfolk.
This recruitment effort is in response to a specific urgent need identified by the Councils and NHS, but we recognise that many voluntary organisations also continue to need new volunteers, either because their existing pool of volunteers has been depleted, or because they are adapting and developing their services in response to Covid-19.
VCSE organisations requiring volunteers can still recruit directly through our portal VC Connect. In addition, for Covid-19 related roles, there is a new Covid-19 Volunteer Request form.
If your Volunteering role IS related to Covid-19:
- Complete the new Volunteer Request Form if you have priority roles to support the Covid19 response. We will match volunteers that have signed up to the Covid-19 Call for Volunteers and direct them to you.
- You can also register Covid-19 specific roles on the portal and search for volunteers yourself, but please be aware that volunteers may already have been contacted by our screeners as part of the county response.
If your Volunteering role is NOT related to Covid-19:
- Update any roles you have on our VC Connect portal, so that only current roles are ‘live’.
- If your roles are not directly part of a Covid-19 response you can still recruit volunteers via the portal by searching our Volunteer Bank.
- Please be aware that, while we recognise the importance of all VCSE activity at this time, our current priority is matching volunteers to Covid-19 roles. As such so will not be advertising or promoting non-Covid roles as we would usually through our e-newsletter or social media.
For further information to help you get started see our guide: Getting Your Organisation On Board.
If you have any questions about using the Portal or how we can support you to recruit more volunteers please contact the Volunteering Team