Voluntary Norfolk is working in partnership with East Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH) to provide a volunteering service to improve patient experience and support healthcare professionals in the Beccles, Great Yarmouth & Lowestoft areas.
The service will recruit, train, support and match volunteers to work within ECCH services, both in community hospitals and in the community. Volunteers will support patients who may be at risk of loss of independence or increasing ill health due to age, poor mobility and/or living with long term health conditions, social isolation or other factors. They will also provide administrative and facilities support for ECCH teams freeing healthcare professionals to provide the specialist care that only they can.
At ECCH Volunteers are involved in a range of different roles. The tasks which you could undertake will depend on the roles currently available and your interests, skills and experience. Potential roles could include:
- Administrative Support – collating patient information packs (printing and photocopying)
- Ward Support – providing companionship to patients on the ward and supporting them to engage in activities e.g. crosswords, knitting
- Hospital Support Volunteer – this role could involve organising deliveries in the stockroom
All volunteers are provided with training prior to starting in their role and are supported in their role by a named Volunteer Champion and the Service Lead.
We are looking for individuals to join our team who:
- Are enthusiastic about the impact they can make by being an ECCH volunteer
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Demonstrate a willingness to treat all patients, their relatives, visitors, staff and other volunteers with politeness, dignity and respect and offer a non-judgemental attitude
- Are able to follow instructions and guidance from staff and complete tasks within set guidelines
- Inspire trust and confidence by being reliable and punctual
- Commitment to undertaking training required for the role
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
Covid 19 Response
During this time of increased pressure on NHS services due to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) we are looking for volunteers to help in a variety of ways. We are currently looking for volunteers in Beccles, Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth. There are also opportunities to volunteer from your own home. See more details in the ECCH Covid Response Volunteer Role Description March 2020
Find out more
If you’re interested in finding out more about the volunteering opportunities available with the ECCH Volunteer Service email us or call 07739 516374. You can also complete an complete an online Volunteer Application Form.
Funding and Partners
East Coast Community Healthcare – To find out more about ECCH visit www.ecch.org