SERVICE UPDATE DURING COVID-19
As part of the Carers Matter Norfolk service our team of Family Care Practitioners deliver a free 1:1 service supporting carers in Norfolk.
Much of the support we usually deliver in face to face or in group settings is now either not possible or has had to be changed to make sure we are not contributing to any potential spread or putting our clients and the person they for at further risk of infection. We are following the tighter social distancing restrictions and taking all precautions necessary.
Our team of Family Care Practitioners are currently able to offer a choice to clients as to how they receive support. We are now able to offer home visits to clients or carry out assessments and deliver support over the phone or via online channels such as Zoom. We take the current situation very seriously and fully risk assess every visit. Our face to face visits are currently being held in the garden or a public space such as a park; if necessary we may be able to meet a client in a very well ventilated, large room.
Carers Matter Norfolk offers free, independent and confidential information, advice and guidance to Norfolk’s 1000,000 unpaid carers.
Working with our partners (Family Carers Net, Carers Voice Norfolk & Waveney, Caring Together and Norfolk & Suffolk Care Support) the service offers:
- 7 day a week free Advice Line 0800 083 1148
- education and training for carers, at specialist training events and online via a dedicated Carers Self-Help Hub
- opportunities for Carers to get involved in the design and delivery of support and services
- a highly skilled and knowledgeable team of Family Care Practitioners delivering one-to-one support in the community
- breaks for carers
- access to a Health & Wellbeing Fund
Voluntary Norfolk is working with Bridges Outcome Partnership to provide the Community Support element of the Carers Matter Norfolk service, we are delivering 1:1 support in the community and carrying out Carers Assessments on behalf of Norfolk County Council.
Our Family Care Practitioners team can offer you:
- Carers Assessments – tailored support and action planning to help you maintain your health and wellbeing and independence;
- Support Planning e.g. working with you to increase your local support networks;
- Support to access entitlements or grants;
- Information & Advice (greater detail and complexity than the Advice Line);
- Support with complex form filing (e.g. benefits, housing, major adaptations).
Go to the Carers Matter Norfolk website to download the latest Carers Matter Norfolk Handbook, or to register to receive your own print copy.
If you would like to receive support from our team you can refer yourself by calling the Carers Matter Advice Line on 0800 083 1148
Find staff contact details in our Health and Social Care Team
The Carers Matter Norfolk service is funded by Norfolk County Council and Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group; managed by Bridges Outcome Partnerships