Please be aware that during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic all Voluntary Norfolk staff are working from home and some of our services may be affected. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and through our News Posts for further information and regular updates. If you wish to contact a member of our Team, please go to Our Team pages for staff email addresses and in some cases their work mobile numbers. Thank you.
Voluntary Norfolk manages a range of projects for local healthcare providers, recruiting, training and supporting over 600 volunteers for healthcare roles in GP surgeries, in hospitals and with individual clients in the community. Roles include:
- Health & Wellbeing Volunteers: offer support and companionship to people who experience social isolation or face the challenge of a long term health condition. Based in North and South Norfolk, they help to improve physical and emotional health, wellbeing and independence.
- GP Surgery Volunteers support the work of clinical and admin teams in GP practices in Norwich, Broadland and North & Central Norfolk to improve the overall experience of patients
- ERS Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service Volunteers use their own cars to transport patients to/from their homes and take them to essential medical appointments within East Anglia, and sometimes further afield.
- Norfolk Community Health and Care (NCH&C) Volunteers support clinical and admin work within NCH&C, provide care and friendship to its patients and better access to information about health & social care services.
- East Coast Community Healthcare Volunteers support patients who may be at risk of loss of independence or increasing ill health due to age, poor mobility and/or living with long term health conditions, social isolation or other factors. They also provide administrative and facilities support for ECCH teams.