Voluntary Norfolk manages a range of projects for local healthcare providers, recruiting, training and supporting over 600 volunteers for healthcare roles in GP surgeries, in hospitals and with individual clients in the community. Roles include:
- Health & Wellbeing Volunteers: offer support and companionship to people who experience social isolation or face the challenge of a long term health condition. Based in North and South Norfolk, they help to improve physical and emotional health, wellbeing and independence.
- Health Coach Volunteers work one to one with patients who have long term conditions, helping the patient gain the skills necessary to better manage their condition and wellbeing.
- GP Surgery Volunteers support the work of clinical and admin teams in GP practices in Norwich, Broadland and North & Central Norfolk to improve the overall experience of patients
- ERS Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service Volunteers use their own cars to transport patients to/from their homes and take them to essential medical appointments within East Anglia, and sometimes further afield.
- Norfolk Community Health and Care (NCH&C) Volunteers support clinical and admin work within NCH&C, provide care and friendship to its patients and better access to information about health & social care services.