Voluntary Norfolk manages a range of projects for local healthcare providers, recruiting, training and supporting over 600 volunteers for healthcare roles in GP surgeries, in hospitals and with individual clients in the community. Roles include:
- Community Response Volunteers: provide telephone friendship and support, carry out doorstep welfare checks and collect and deliver prescription medications and food, as well as other communication and community engagement activities.
- Health & Wellbeing Volunteers: offer support to people who are experiencing social isolation or facing the challenges of a long term health condition. Based in North and South Norfolk, they help to improve physical and emotional health, wellbeing and independence.
- ERS Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service Volunteers use their own cars to transport patients to/from their homes and take them to essential medical appointments within East Anglia, and sometimes further afield.
- Norfolk Community Health and Care (NCH&C) Volunteers support clinical and admin work within NCH&C, provide care and friendship to its patients and better access to information about health & social care services.
- East Coast Community Healthcare Volunteers support patients who may be at risk of loss of independence or increasing ill health due to age, poor mobility and/or living with long term health conditions, social isolation or other factors. They also provide administrative and facilities support for ECCH teams.
- Digital Inclusion Volunteers support residents in the Norwich area to use laptops, computers and smartphones to enable them to become better connected with friends and family and to access online services and support.
Managing your Volunteers
Voluntary Norfolk has many years’ experience of managing volunteers on behalf of organisations including Norfolk County Council, Clinical Commissioning Groups and other healthcare providers.
Our Volunteer Services Team can help you recruit, train and deploy volunteers for roles in your organisation, advising on best practice and relevant legislation. Using specialist data management software we are able to record and monitor volunteer applications, progress, training and activity.
If you would like to discuss how we can help your organisation manage and make the most of your volunteers, please get in touch.