Free Volunteering Course in October
Our free course Volunteering in the Community is coming back in October, offering 20 hours of guided learning and allowing you to develop new skills.
This course an introduction course for anyone considering or already volunteering, who wishes to develop their existing experience and skills. It is also invaluable to those wishing to progress into larger programmes of study in related business areas such as healthcare. We can offer a pathway and progression route to the Level 2 Award in Volunteering and the Level 2 Award/Certificate in Employability Skills.
You will attend a course delivered over 2 weeks, 2 days per week, 5 hours each day.
The aim of this course is to prepare our learners for a role within a voluntary organisation. The objectives of this course are to help learners understand the role of a volunteer, the activities of voluntary organisations, how to identify the skills required to be a successful volunteer and understand the Regulatory frameworks that apply to a volunteer.
- be supported to have a comprehensive insight into the role of volunteering in the community
- be helped to appreciate the role of a volunteer, the activities of voluntary organisations, identify the skills required to be a successful volunteer and recognise the Regulatory frameworks that apply to a volunteer
- complete a series of exercises, activities and discussions in groups that explore volunteering and the ways to become a volunteer and personal standards and requirements for working in a volunteering role
- will be supported and coached to successfully demonstrate your achievement of all the outcomes set out in the course objectives
- look at the commitment required and benefits of volunteering
- explore the function of different volunteering organisations and how they use volunteers and examine the skills required to become a volunteer and learn how to improve and develop existing and new skills
- finally discuss and examine the role of a volunteer and how to access volunteering
Together we will
- examine the importance of meeting personal standards, within volunteering organisations, to include the need to follow rules and instructions, dress code, behaviour and customer care
- identify the importance of Equal Opportunities and raise your awareness of discrimination
- explore the importance of safety requirements when volunteering
- and enable you to demonstrate your skills and knowledge as a volunteer, in a scenario based group exercise
Dates and Times: Mon 8th, Tues 9th and Mon 15th, Tues 16th October 2018 9.30- 14.30 (including Breaks)
To book your place contact: Michelle Gaskin, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Voluntary Norfolk on 01603 883820 or email by Wednesday 3rd October.