The Hive Norwich began life as part of the Talent Match programme in Norwich, funded by the Prince’s Trust and the Big Lottery.
The Hive has developed into a project in its own right. It continues to be the main base of our Talent Match team but also plays host to a number of other projects, services, training courses, and events.
Our ambition is to turn the Hive into a true “one-stop-shop” for employability support in Norwich.
What is involved?
The Hive – Norwich is an easily accessible, safe, and aspirational space; providing a central drop-in for people from across Norwich to access employability support and advice.
In Norwich, we use the Hive to bring together a number of services in a single location, with Talent Match, Norfolk Community College, Job Centre Plus, Digital Champions, Money Wise, and more, all hosting regular drop-in sessions.
As well as being a friendly and informal space to seek advice, the Hive allows local people to access laptops, Wi-Fi, and printing facilities to support them with their job searching needs.
A number of services regularly host sessions at the Hive, including:
- Talent Match – Support for unemployed 18-24s in Norwich
- Norfolk Community College – Support for unemployed over 25s across Norfolk
- Voluntary Works – Access to voluntary work placements throughout Norwich
- Digital Inclusion – ICT learning, advice and support sessions
- Apprenticeships Norfolk – Support to access apprenticeships across Norfolk