A robust and thriving voluntary sector is vital to the health and wellbeing of people and communities in Norfolk.
We advocate on behalf of the sector by communicating, promoting and lobbying for the common and diverse interests of the sector.
We look for routes and opportunities that enable the sector’s voice and expertise to be heard and play into multi-agency partnerships and decision-making by statutory organisations.
The ‘Voice’ element of Voluntary Norfolk’s work is threaded through a number of activities such as:
- Facilitating opportunities and advising voluntary organisations on channels for dialogue and taking forward concerns with the public sector – whether that be local government, health bodies or other organisations
- Keeping the sector up to date with local and national drivers – for example through our e-weekly Members’ News Extra, running workshops and delivering training events
- Making connections for partners in the public sector with key players in the voluntary sector who need to be involved in consultations, focus groups, co-production
- Collaborating with colleagues in the sector on cross-cutting issues impacting on the ability of the sector to operate effectively
- Ensuring we’re linked into the work of national umbrella voluntary organisations like the National Council for Voluntary Organisations and the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action